October 28, 2008

My Dream - Will it consumate with reality when I am 40 - Part 1

Today[On the day od Diwali] I have been thinking a lot about this at work. This is so unlike me if I retrospect and look at my self and what my thoughts had been about at work place in as long as I think of. So, I guess this untoward thought frequenting me so much today deserves a place in my blog. I am off from work early too, seating late at work is a work habit for all in office where I work... :)

For readers it may not make much sense as it would be more like a early morning dream -- so incoherent if you try to make logic out of it. Still if it's forward looking dream, you will like the end result of the dream to come true and some people make it turn true over time. So readers please pardon me for this post if you are disappointed about it nad you are reading it patiently till end.
Lately and so much today I have been thinking about making my self financially free by the age of 40 to lead a average middle class life in India/Singapore. With achieving this I will be able to start again what had been of so much of interest to me in my school days. Ya in school days and NOT COLLEGE DAYS. I guess decisions and action later on in my life after school that I have made till date are more to lead a normal successful social and human life. If I succeed in becoming financially free then my abnormal and self indulgent life will kick-off. I guess it will last till I am off this world as briefly I was obsessed with programming as well. This was in college days which strated with my tryst with a month training during college break. I am over it now :)

Let me look at it briefly how I had been during my school days[till 12th]. I was a average student all the while in school till 8th. All of a sudden when I was in 9th, all subjects started to look interesting to me. So it was natural to be placed into top-10 after that. May be CIVICS was only exception and with age I guess there is nothing which does not interests me including LANGUAGES. Of course I would admit that LANGUAGE was the last thing which started to appeal me and to draw my interest. Still I haven't been developed liking for MUSIC and ARTS.  As I have been growing up It has been becoming more and more clear that it's not class room based or I should say degree based studies that is attracting me. It's sheer inquisitive human nature and attraction to unravel and learn more about all things which you see and learn about in day to day life. You want to know more about it but then you are left at the shore in an alley and there is NO-ONE who can lead you to the sea of knowledge or at least in search of it safely. In my school in 9th standard I was introduced in real terms to SCIENCE and started to scratch it's surface. I got so interested in it that studying became a part of me that I wanted to do when I got some time. Of course significant amount of time was into studing and researching more on what was not in prescribed textbook nad that was beyond the syllabus of the course that was taught at school. Of all the subjects till 12th I LOVED PHYSICS and BIOLOGY. I guess only thing I didn't love so much was ENGLISH.  In Biology, GENETICS/CYTOLOGY and EVOLUTION which was most appealing and in Physics it was MODERN PHYSICS and esoteric THEORY of RELATIVITY. Given a choice in school I would have preferred to read GENETICS of all others things. Now I would go for MODERN PHYSICS and THEORY of RELATIVIVTY and related exiciting stuff. At school when I tried to find out what lay ahead for a guy interested in GENETICS - I found out this : Graduate in Biology and there is only one institute in India where I can pursue GENETICS there after. Back in early 1990's it was not an appealing option at all. I guess leading a WELL-OFF life was the first thing if you wanted to do something good in life at any point in time later on till the time you go down six foot under or into ashes in a pyre for last rites for hindus. Other related choice was going for medicine. Oh GOD..--..Thinking about a long 5-6 year of graduate course and followed by 2-3 years to get a masters degree at minimum to start a pro life was a huge investment of time, effort and persistence and with not a very promising result with high probability of it happening. I took the short-cut and join Engineering course. Hadn't thought what lies ahead and was confident of at least a decent life there after. Definitely I had thought of pursuing what would be more appealing after a 4 yr graduate degree. Defintely I was a frugal guy in terms of putting in effort what was really not very iontersting irrespective of the END it was leading to. I wanted to achieve the attractive END with least amount of effort to put. While put in rest of time into what was more enjoyable - READ what was not considered worth investing time and effort by teachers and other class mates. But it was so interesting, how can one not like it. I still feel the same way when I think of school days. I was so lazy that I was into reading mathematics in stead of crunching the integral equations of geometry and Trigonometry. Unlike others I always felt it was better than aching your knees and elbows to score high in mathematics. I use to put in only 4 hours week into really solving equations and probability sums to pratice for sitting thru a exam 3 hours long. I guess rest one hour per week to ward off the fear that students dont score in mathematics if they dont practice it on paper. I use to take samples[draw number from a lot for each odd/even chapter] so that I have to put least amount of effort in crunching them on paper instead of reading them:) In fact I use to do the same for even PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY[Physical mostly]. Reading the books on all these was so much fun. I really miss it even now. It's so much better than reading story books and novels. I guess I had left reading novels some where in 11th standard and had become very selective in picking up any new novel. Only based on recommendations... Other difficult part in student life was drawing all those boring lines and curves for Boilogy and practical books for Physics and chemistry as well. It still doesn't make sense what the syllabus prescribers had/have in mind when they have introduced thing like drawing those testubes/Screw- gauges/Pendulum/.... Sheer waste of time for student I think. If you go out and play garden cricket with socks balls and hockey stick it so much more refreshing. I think this is the only think about games/sports I miss to date. If you have spent more time playing then it fills you with a guilt with in - I should read now. You see - In encourages you to study - may be for the sake of scoring if not for the sake of inquisitiveness - but then it's the seed which draws you to read about things which are beyond the syllabus. So I guess in school days my life been self indulgent from 9th onwards. I use to read and research a lot about things which use to arouse and make my thoughts wander off. I use to get into day dreaming most of the time.
One DREAM which I always use to harbor and I guess it got crushed during the engineering degree is as follows. These days I have started seeing the same dream again. It goes like this :)
THERE IS A WAY WHICH CAN MAKE A MAN LIVE ETERNALLY. IT JUST HAS NOT BEEN DISCOVERED. SECRET LIES IN THE GENES. BUT THERE ARE SO MANY COMBINATIONS OF THE ACT/CGT THAT GOES GOES INTO MAKING A GENE AND THERE ARE MILLIONS OF THEM IN A PAIR OF CHROMOSOMES. hUMANS HAVE 26 OF SUCH PAIRS. HOW WILL I KNOW WHICH ONE HOLDS THE MAGIC FORMULA/COMBINATION. WHAT DO I DO - SOLUTION :- I WILL READ COMPUTER SCIECE AND ROBOTICS AND WILL EMPLOY THEM ALL TO DO ALL THE CALCULATIONS AND SOLVE THE RIDDLE.
It sounds funny and I laugh at my self thinking about it. Now I have started getting this dream again but it has been altered a little as I have observed and read more during the course of my life since the day I had above mentioned dream. Do you want to go thru my version of altered dream that I am harboring these days:)
STEM CELL RESEARCH AND GENETICS. I THINK THIS HAS THE TRICK. WITH STEM CELL RESEARCH I CAN REPLACE EACH OF THE VITAL ORGANS ONE BY ONE. STEMS CELLS CAN BE PROGRAMMED OR ARE SELF PROGRAMMED TO BECOME ANY PART OF THE BODY ORGAN. SO PROGRAM THEM IN ADVANCE TO BECOME A SPECIFIC BODY ORGAN. THEN INJECT THEM INTO THE BLOOD OR DO SOMETHING SO THAT THEY START REPLENSHING THAT PARTICULAR ORGAN IN THE BODY. IN THIS WAY WE CAN REPLACE EACH AND EVERY ORGAN/BODY PART AND THIS INDIVIDUAL WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE ETERNALLY AT LEAST THEORITICALLY UNLESS AND UNTIL HE MEETS DEATH ACCIDENTALLY.
Wasn't it interesting dream of a dreamer :)) don't share this with hollywood sci-fi authors and movie industry fellows. They would milk money out of ideas like this !!! Wasn't few of the sci-fi movie made in Hollywood having some nice dream like this. I wouldn't say the same about bolywood movies though. All Bollywood movies have lot of emotions packed around a sci-fi theme else it would not sell for the producer to make next one. Though few of them have NICE DREAMS too into them if you just look at it from sci-fi point of view. Anyway isn't it that what is sci-fi today became truth or scientific theory/law tomorrow with little bit of alterations and into well known fact day after there after !!!

I think it's becoming too long for a single post, but I wont publish it till I complete all the parts. I have dropped many a things/topics in between in my posts promising to come back and write about it later :) So I will do the same again for now  - I guess I will sit and write again to read it again few years later when I turn 40 and am financially free to pursue it :)) I will definitely come back type in more of these dreams till I am 40 and fincially free - WILL I BE ????

No comments: